Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hungarian Rice Pudding ~ Tejberizs


Ingredients (2 servings): 


  • 1 cup rice
  • 2 cups milk (divided: 1 + 1)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract






Easy to make, versatile, and not too sweet, a perfect breakfast alternative! This song always gets me in a happy mood in the morning. Hope you like it too :) 




     
  1. Melt the butter in a pot. 
  2. Add rice, 1 cup milk, a pinch of salt, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stirring constantly, slowly bring to a boil. 
  3. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let sit until rice is tender - about 15 minutes. (When the milk is evaporated, add remaining cup, and mix well)
  4. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and cinnamon (as I have, see pic), add fresh fruit, or dried fruit, raisins, Nutella (yumm), lemon zest, maple syrup, anything. Eat while still warm, or put in fridge and eat later. 


Extremely easy, once you get the hang of it. Some recipes tell you to cook the rice in water, and then add milk. I like this version better because this is what I'm used to. 
Its a great way to start your day and get a little calcium.


3 comments:

  1. Just like my grandmother used to make me growing up!!! The BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly, during my summer "cleaning", all of my pictures got deleted. Hopefully I can upload them again soon! Thank you for your comment! <3

      Delete
  2. Wonderful!
    I'll be sharing this recipe/page on FB

    ReplyDelete