Saturday, March 15, 2014

Eggplant Stuffed with Rice, Spinach and Spring Onions

I'm back!!! :) 


Ingredients (for 2): 

  • 1  eggplant
  • 1 cup rice, cooked
  • 2 spring onions, chopped (the green part too!)
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 handful of spinach, roughly chopped
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 3 tsp dried oregano
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper 




I have a confession. I am in love with eggplants. They are so purple and pretty on the outside, and have such an exciting texture on the inside. When baked, they get a sort of creamy taste to them. And they are filling, which makes them  a great alternative to eating meat all the time!




This is one of my favorite recipes. My boyfriend said it is a "culinary wonder", whatever that means :) . The spinach adds an extra twist (and some extra vitamins). You can add cheese at the end, to make it even more filling (I am lactose intolerant, and I have yet to find cheese that I fully enjoy). 
If you like my recipes then please Like me on Facebook , pin my recipe (button at the top), and/or comment! I'd love to hear from you! :) 

As always, here's something to listen to. :) ~ a Pinch of Pixidust as I like to call it.

  1. Preheat oven to 350F, 175C.
  2. Wash eggplant and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out insides, but not too much so it doesn't collapse. Finely chop the insides of the eggplant, and put in medium sized bowl. 
  3. Mix rice, eggplant, spinach, spices, garlic and spring onions well. 
  4. Put eggplant 'boats' on lightly oiled baking sheet. Divide mixture between the two eggplant boats, lightly drizzle with olive oil. 
  5. Send your eggplants to the oven for 40-45 minutes. 
  6. Remove, let cool for 5-10 minutes, top with some extra oregano (or cheese, or both), serve and enjoy! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment