Sunday, April 29, 2012

Roasted Beet, Garlic-Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes

Ingredients (for 1): 

  • chicken breast
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 beet, peeled and diced
  • 2-3 potatoes peeled and diced
  • leaves of 1 fresh rosemary sprig, roughly chopped
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste


Fabulous dinner for one? Check.  Just add  pinch of Pixidust*, and glass of your fave wine.   


  1. Oil a roast pan with olive oil. Clean chicken breasts of all fat, wash with cold water, and put in pan. 
  2. Peel garlic, roughly chop, and sprinkle on chicken, along with the rosemary.
  3. Put beet and potatoes next to chicken, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. I also added 2 whole cloves of garlic, because I just love garlic (this part is completely optional:)...but its delish, and adds a little bit of extra!)
  4. Send your creation to the oven, and roast at 350F until chicken is done, and the potatoes and beet are tender (about 30 minutes). 
  5. Pour a glass of wine, and dig in! :) 

Who says cooking for one has to be boring? This is the perfect, light dinner to have. The sweet taste of the beet goes so well with the garlic and the rosemary on the chicken... Delish. 

Beets are rich in dietary fibervitamin C,magnesiumiron, and copper. They're good for your heart, liver, and immune system. :) yummm. 


Do you like my recipes? Then Like me on Facebook , pin my recipe (button at the top), and/or comment! I'd love to hear from you! :) 

*secret: I've never had beet like this. This was my first attempt at roasting it, and I feel like my world has changed. I picked this song, because this is what popped into my head after the first bite. Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment